Monday, May 14, 2007
I started my shawl on 4th May and wasn't too happy with it - I just didn't seem to have the pattern right. I persisted with it but on Thursday 10th decided enough was enough and ripped it back. I started again on Friday and despite dropping a stitch and having to go back a full pattern repeat on Saturday afternoon I have actually managed to make it to 9 pattern repeats of the upper body pattern. The shawl looks quite small although it does stretch out quite a lot. I've decided to knit 17 repeats of the upper body pattern instead of 13 because I am using 3.25mm needles instead of the recommended 3.75mm ones and feel it may turn out very small otherwise.