Monday, April 30, 2007

Finished Before I Started

I didn't get much of a chance to participate in this KAL since I finished the shawl so quickly. I started the shawl on April 12th and finished it on April 25th. Like many others, I had a few false starts, but that was more due to needle size and yarn choice. Once that was settled, I was able to really get into the rhythm of the pattern and zip away!

I used Jaggerspun Zephyr in Sage and size 3US Addi Lace needles. These needles made the nupps really easy to manipulate and were worth every penny. Here's a gratuitous close up shot of the lower body pattern.


The finished dimensions came out to approximately 61" wide and 21" long from the longest point of the shawl. I plan on giving this shawl to a friend and even though I had some qualms as to how tiny the shawl is, she's reassured me that it's the perfect size for her.

Opal
the Akamai Knitter

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is beautiful! You could always knit another ;)

Frieda said...

Beautiful work.I really like the colour , such a pretty soft green . I'm using the same yarn and looking at yours, I'm a little worried about the length . I'd really like to have the shawl a little longer . I guess I'll block the heck out of it .