Friday, April 27, 2007

Made it to the 2nd chart!


Yahoo! - I made it to the 2nd chart. The last few pattern rows caused a little trouble for me - again, I don't know why. At any rate, I am putting in a lifeline before I start the new pattern chart in case my knitting handicap rears its ugly head again. Here's a pic of it so far, doesn't do it justice without blocking, but I do like the color and think it's gonna look great with the beads.

I have 2 colors of beads, unfortunately the battery on my camera died after taking this pic, but one is a pinkish purple color and the other is purple with an irridescent bluish cast.
When I get to that point, I'll thread yarn through both colors of beads and decide which one works better.

3 comments:

Frieda said...

I'm at the same point as you and have ripped row 5 back a couple of times. Good idea about the lifeline . Hang in -it'll be worth it in the end . Love the colour , by the way .

Hattie said...

It looks great!

This might be a little odd, but I know you said you didn't like it in the pink. I actually bought some pink alpaca a little while back with the intentions of joining this along and knitting the shawl. I found out today (while winding up a different ball of alpaca) that I am HIGHLY allergic to alpaca and now have nothing to knit with. Normally no prob, but I'm on one of those yarn diets...so no buying yarn. Ok anyway I was wondering, if you weren't planning on using the pink, would you be willing to trade it for something?
My email is chizzlesgirl@aol.com. Thanks either way :)

Anonymous said...

Your shawl is looking great!