Monday, April 23, 2007

Frustration!!!

After 2 weeks, I finally got my yarn! But the pattern was giving me fits - I have no idea why, it's not difficult, but I had to tear it out and begin again at least 3 times. I kept ending up with the wrong number of stitches, not enough to complete the pattern for a row. I tinked so many times I was almost in tears. I was using the Zephyr yard in a beautiful pink Ladyslipper color. I suspect that the stitches were melding themselves together and that's why I was having the problem, I was missing or accidentally knitting 2 together in spots.

Anyway, after almost getting to the 2nd chart and finding that it was horribly messed up again - I ripped it off the needles and started all over again with Zephyr in Lilac this time. Same needles, same yarn, different color.

Completely different results - it's now going smoothly and beautifully! Go figure. Picture coming soon.

2 comments:

susan said...

Oh, that's too bad. But I'm glad to hear you're back on track.

Ronni said...

I'm glad to hear that the other color started working better for you. The zephyr does definitely sometimes stick together - at least for me. I found I had to really pay attention at first. I counted out each pattern repeat as I knit and checked my stitch count every row and still had to tink back a row or two more than once. But I did get to where I could catch it sooner rather than later eventually.