Saturday, June 23, 2007

Finally finished my first shawl

Well, I finally finished my first of, no doubt, many Spring Things Shawls. I wasn't going to make the wedding deadline unless I ignored absolutely everything else (including personal hygiene) for a week when I couldn't afford to with too many things going on, so we did a different wedding gift. Then everyone was sick for a while. I finally finished this week. Here's a fairly lame live model shot. Lame because I've never done this before.


It seems a bit small for me (it would have been perfect for the petite young lady it was intended for though, I think) and which I am debating sending to a favorite relative who has been ill. I just can't decide if it looks good enough to send to her. I'm leaning towards it because I do think it is pretty and I also think I managed to avoid any mistakes. Or if I made any I made them consistently. And she's petite too so I think it would be ok size-wise. But she's an awesome knitter so I'm nervous.

Next up I think I'll do one in silk for me. But I've got an awful lot of socks on the needles at the moment and I'm not sure it is wise to start another shawl right away. I doubt that will stop me though. And starting another while the pattern is still in short term memory retrieval might be a good idea. Right?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks great!

Frieda said...

I think it's just beautiful ! I wouldn't hesitate to send it to the the relative who's been ill . Being a knitter I'm sure she'll appreciate it even more .

Ronni said...

Thank you so much Lauren and Frieda. I'm going to pack it up and send it off on Monday because so many nice people have been so encouraging.